Text messages appear out of order.

A

AC Question

For some time now all of a sudden my texts are out of order. For example, I send a text to someone, when they reply, instead of this normally being below my original text, their reply is above my original text. This does not seem to happen to anyone else on other carriers. Is there anyway to fix this?
Someone suggested making the clocks on automatic time, I tried that. It did not fix the problem.
It's annoying, I miss so many texts because they get lost in my novel of texts I send people.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
For some time now all of a sudden my texts are out of order. For example, I send a text to someone, when they reply, instead of this normally being below my original text, their reply is above my original text. This does not seem to happen to anyone else on other carriers. Is there anyway to fix this?
Someone suggested making the clocks on automatic time, I tried that. It did not fix the problem.
It's annoying, I miss so many texts because they get lost in my novel of texts I send people.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried using a different messaging app like ChompSMS or Textra. Aso try going in to the settings of the messaging app and see if there is a way to change the sort order.