How to recover data from bricked LG G2 - without factory reset?

A

AC Question

I have a bricked G2. It will open FastBoot, but FastBoot doesn't completely work right. Or, I can get it into Recovery mode, where it gives me the option of a factory reset.

I have data (pics, vids, docs) on the device that I don't want to risk overwriting, so I'm trying to avoid writing anything to the device. I want to recover those files.

Is there any Windows- or Ubuntu-based software that can scan this bricked G2 for files? Final note: the files were deleted recently before the bricking, so most of them will still be there, not overwritten, though deleted.

Umm...help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Then you're probably going to have to reflash the ROM and lose everything, unless you're willing to pay a few hundred dollars (at least) to have someone JTAG the phone and pull the data off. (How much it will cost depends on how much data there is - it's a manual process and can take days - or even weeks.)

trmnshwrx

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
If I hold volume buttons or go through Recovery Mode (and cancel) before fastboot loads, I get a different number, like:
[830] Fastboot mode started
[2050] Fastboot mode started
...Does that mean anything?

trmnshwrx

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
What's the magic trick to get fastboot to connect? I have the LG drivers installed on my computer, I have fastboot on my computer, and when I plug the phone into the computer, it boots into fastboot...but the computer still doesn't see it! What's missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz