Any ideas on fixing signal issue before sending phone into manufacturer?

jedimasta446

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a Droid Turbo and I was loving the performance of the device until I noticed some signal issues. The device worked flawlessly for a month or so. I then noticed a crack in the glass over the camera. I figured it was no biggy and I'd just have my local repair shop replace it. They did so, but upon getting the phone back I noticed that my service is awful. At home, on WiFi, my phone has constant 4G LTE, as before the repair. But out in the world, I'll notice that I'll pull out my phone to find that I have no service or very poor service. I'll take a look at my father or mother's phone (both have Droid turbos as well and all of us are on the same plan) and they're rocking a much stronger signal than I am. About 27% of the time, my phone will quickly go back to having good service after realizing that it is poor. Upon restarting the device, 50% of the time the signal will be strong and go right back to poor. I have done factory reset, SIM card removal, and SIM card replacement. My situation leads me to believe the repair shop damaged my device, however, they claimed to not even have touched the SIM card or radio. Any tips for me before I try to send it in to Motorola and try to get a free repair under warranty?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress