Question persistent issue with mobile cellular services after flashing a fresh firmware onto it

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
After I flashed a fresh firmware onto my A24 Samsung Galaxy device, I observed that the SIM mobile cellular services would operate for approximately 7 hours before shutting down and refusing to resume until a device reboot event occurred (toggling airplane mode did not resume the service). I tried to install different firmware with different CSCs and from different sources, but none of these yielded a resolution. Following each experiment, the mobile service consistently functioned for a duration of 7 hours, after which it needed a new reboot to work again.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or had an idea of how to fix it? Is there a difference between the original stock firmware that came with the device and the one obtained from sources like Frija, Biforst, or Sammobile? Is it possible to extract the original stock firmware from a new functional A24 device and flash it onto the faulty one to recover it?​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_120508_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_120508_One UI Home.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 9

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Welcome.

Why did you flash the firmware in the first place?
I flashed a Magisk patched firmware in the first place to root the device. However, when I noticed the problem, I unrooted the device and reverted it back to its original firmware (the one that I downloaded using Biforst without the patch), but that didn’t solve the problem, and the issue persisted.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I flashed a Magisk patched firmware in the first place to root the device. However, when I noticed the problem, I unrooted the device and reverted it back to its original firmware (the one that I downloaded using Biforst without the patch), but that didn’t solve the problem, and the issue persisted.
Welcome to AC!
Use frija it takes the stock firmware from Samsung servers and don't mix and match CSC or anything else in firmware like bl /AP etc ..
Sam mobile good source but stick with frija

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Use frija it takes the stock firmware from Samsung servers and don't mix and match CSC or anything else in firmware like bl /AP etc ..
Sam mobile good source but stick with frija
Thanks!

I am just wondering if there is a tool to extract live stock firmware from a functional A24 device and flash it onto the faulty one in an attempt to recover it. I am not sure if it is all because of the firmware, but I can’t think about something else. The issue persisted even if I did nothing but flash the firmware.​

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks!

I am just wondering if there is a tool to extract live stock firmware from a functional A24 device and flash it onto the faulty one in an attempt to recover it. I am not sure if it is all because of the firmware, but I can’t think about something else. The issue persisted even if I did nothing but flash the firmware.​
I'm not aware of a tool to extract live firmware , when you rooted did you change anything? Is knox tripped using this method of Root?

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
I'm not aware of a tool to extract live firmware , when you rooted did you change anything? Is knox tripped using this method of Root?

I came across this information in the Magisk Installation Instructions Document: "The installation of Magisk will trigger the Knox Warranty Bit, and this action is irreversible." Based on this, yes, I believe that the Knox Warranty Bit has been tripped.

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
I know when that happens it stops you from using Samsung pay/Samsung pass or anything needs security I'm not sure if it does anything with phone I would assume no but check XDA forums and ask
I would agree with you and assume not too. I did root a device before this using the same method without any problems. But it was a different model. If you, or anyone else, has an idea about how I can trace the issue, please do share it with me. In Linux, I do know there is a system log that helps in tracing some issues, but I am not sure about Android. I am not an expert, but if this can help, I can root back my Android, access my device shell, and run commands with elevated privilege. And if so, I will be happy to try any troubleshooting and share my outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would agree with you and assume not too. I did root a device before this using the same method without any problems. But it was a different model. I am not an expert with Android, but I have enough knowledge to root back my Android, access my device shell, and run commands with elevated privilege. If you, or anyone else, has an idea about how I can trace the issue, please do share it with me, and I will be happy to try it and share my outcome with you.
Anyone else is welcome to join in to help , I do have extensive knowledge on Samsung devices with flashing stock firmware just not sure once root breaks Knox if it can stop anything with phone service that's why I mentioned try ask at XDA website because they have good knowledge on these things , I use to root back in the day but been out of it for awhile now so don't know any issues that becomes after doing that now besides what I mentioned with Samsung pay /pass ect..

I really don't think root would have broke anything with phone service but Knox has evolved and is Samsung security platforms so who knows what changed in that regards when tripped but XDA should be able to help .

aztecx96

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Anyone else is welcome to join in to help , I do have extensive knowledge on Samsung devices with flashing stock firmware just not sure once root breaks Knox if it can stop anything with phone service that's why I mentioned try ask at XDA website because they have good knowledge on these things , I use to root back in the day but been out of it for awhile now so don't know any issues that becomes after doing that now besides what I mentioned with Samsung pay /pass ect..

I really don't think root would have broke anything with phone service but Knox has evolved and is Samsung security platforms so who knows what changed in that regards when tripped but XDA should be able to help .

I will check with them 👍
Thank you for your support