Samsung Galaxy S6 Overheated and Died?...

A

AC Question

I have had my s6 for exactly a month now.

Today, I was not using it as much and I only had it on just in case someone called or texted. It was in a cool room,so it was not being exposed to direct heat. I went to press the home button to check my battery percentage and the screen would not come on. I press the power button and the screen still would not come on. I have an app connected to my laptop that tells me the phone information. When the phone cut off the battery percentage was at around 30-35%, so the battery was not dead.

I even plugged it up to the charger to see if it would come on. It still did not come on.

At this point, I knew it had overheated. I took the protective case off the phone and the inside of the case smelled burnt. It smelled like how my laptop smells when it overheats.

In this past, my Galaxy would get very hot,but never like this. I am almost sure it is not going to come back on and there is probably some internal damage in it from the overheating. I am so disappointed.

It is still under warranty of course,but should I get another one or should I go with another brand?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Keep the phone plugged into a wall outlet overnight and see if it powers on in the morning. If it doesn't, then you're probably right--something must have burnt out. It's hard to say if it was a hardware defect, or perhaps some rogue app that was going out of control, causing a significant rise in heat. This isn't a common complaint about the S6 on these forums, though, so if you really like the phone, I'd say get a replacement.