LG G2 transfer files to PC

A

AC Question

Hi everyone, I have an LG G2 and having problems transferring files onto my computer (in that I can't). When I plug the phone into the USB port, nothing comes up on the computer and nothing phone related comes up on the "My Computer" panel. Also, nothing comes up on the phone and notifications panel besides the "charging...charging slowly" message. When I try to tap on that, nothing happens.

My computer is a Windows 7 PC, I downloaded the LG USB driver for it. I also tried plugging the phone into a Macbook and same thing happens (nothing shows up on both sides). The phone has the latest software update (Lollipop).

Does anyone know what is going on? I've had this phone for about a year and never tried to transfer files before, so I don't know whether this was always an issue or not. Thank you very much for your help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG G2 can't transfer files onto the computer

Uninstall then reinstall the drivers. Also, try using a different USB port when connecting the phone to the computer.

Alternatively, you can use an app such as Air Droid to transfer the files without a wire if you are connected to a home WiFi network. I'd suggest that method if connecting directly does not work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 can't transfer files onto the computer

It could also be that one or both data pins on the USB port aren't connected. Wifi file transfer doesn't use Wifi so Air Droid or Wifi File Transfer or any of those apps will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87