What Apps Should I uninstall?

pailisjano30

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I installed an anti spy app on my phone and this is what I got, 3 warnings after scanning palmchart, com.adroid.google settings and baibu browser but I don´t know what this means. Any guesses?

1. palmchart app has the following spy able permissions (exact words from screen): runs on device startup; knows location by cell-ID and wifi; knows location by GPS signal; Records audio on voice calls; receives all SMS messages; Reads all SMS messages.
2. com.adroid.google settings: Handles outgoing calls; Runs on device startup; Reads Browser bookmarks; Knows location by GPS signal.
3. Baibu Browser: knows location by cell ID and Wifi; Knows location by GPS; Records audio on Voice calls; Runs on device start-up; Reads Browser bookmarks.

Which ones should I uninstall?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
None of those are spying apps. (If you delete Settings (com.android.google.settings), you'll lose the ability to change anything on your phone. (The fact that a spy app uses location doesn't mean that any app that uses location is a spy app.)

I'd uninstall any app that called Settings spyware - IOW, uninstall the anti-spy app.

Install a good anti-virus (I use Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus, but all the name-brand ones in the Play Store are good) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez