Annoying sign-in notification won't go away

MrChubbyB

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I have this annoying sign in request notification that will not go away. I click on the notification and all that happens is a checking info box comes up and then nothing happens after. Anyone know how to fix this thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-16-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-16-36.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 115

corsanglais

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My tablet is doing this, too - I tried to sign out of my Gmail account that's giving me the initial notification and now I have two ones that I can't get rid of. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of the account on my settings, which seems like the only way to clear the notifications that I could see (if it were possible). Screenshot_2015-09-19-09-47-29.jpg

Edit: you can go into settings>device>sounds and notifications>application notifications and block all the notifications from Google play services. Maybe not the best option, but seeing as they aren't going away on their own it's all I can find to do.

Last edited:

Scotty Snarfel

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem too on my S4, and this is the only forum on the whole interwebs that is talking about it. Anyone have an answer?
I've had nothing but problems with this phone since that dang update a couple of months ago.

blahblah33

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue with the tasks application on my HTC. I pressed down on the notification until it changed to a Google notification. On the right, an "i" appeared. Click on that "i" icon.The first thing on the menu that appears should give you the option to block notifications from the app. Hope this works for you too!

It is funny; it used to just appear every once in awhile, and would just swipe it away. It only locked on my notification bar after an HTC update. So now it can never even remind me.

Sorry if there are typos!

PhilTilson

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have exactly the same problem - it used to come up but go away when swiped. Now it doesn't!

I, too, have disabled notifications and that gets rid of it. Mind you, I'm not sure what else I shall miss! It's Google Play Services that causes the problem, but other than that, I have no idea how to solve it.

Invertedspear

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I fixed this by opening the photos app which then told me it required an update. Not sure why it doesn't update through Google play. After the update I restarted and the notifications (had 2 from 2 of my 3 accounts) went away. I did mess with account setting in the photo app a little bit, but I'm not sure what I did or if any of it was required for this fix.

TimClark

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I solved same problem for me:-

Just went into the play services and checked the box to block notifications.
Then unchecked it and the notification immediately went away . . T

gsleon3

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just go into the Google Settings app & click the "three dots" menu button at the top right of the page. Select "Clear app data" & this will reset any pending data & notifications. You may have to associate some of the third party apps to your google account again, but this is rare & usually everything just works fine. Disabling all the notifications can cause issues with notifications for Google apps that rely on Google Play Services, so I suggest trying it this way first.

wookielover

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung link is what updated on mine. Once it did the error went away...

I fixed this by opening the photos app which then told me it required an update. Not sure why it doesn't update through Google play. After the update I restarted and the notifications (had 2 from 2 of my 3 accounts) went away. I did mess with account setting in the photo app a little bit, but I'm not sure what I did or if any of it was required for this fix.

anan swalha

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I have this annoying sign in request notification that will not go away. I click on the notification and all that happens is a checking info box comes up and then nothing happens after. Anyone know how to fix this thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Just make a long press on it then app info make clear data from there i just have done it sry for my bad english

Adrienne G

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Yessss! I was having the same issue with the stupid notification. Holding it down and then tapping the information icon brought up the screen that allowed me to disable notifications. Notification all gone. Thanks! :)

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I see you've all found your own ways to get around this problem, but the real solution to fix this is to go to Settings > Accounts > Google and uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums". After a reboot, the notification should no longer appear.

Floetic Justice

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
This one actually works. The Exclamation marks were driving me CRAZY!!!! Made sure to clear the cache and the app data from Applications>Google App , then restarted the phone and POOF!!! they were gone! Picasa was NEVER checked as an option to sync so I was about to lose it! :confused:

GDoe5

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
This one actually works. The Exclamation marks were driving me CRAZY!!!! Made sure to clear the cache and the app data from Applications>Google App , then restarted the phone and POOF!!! they were gone! Picasa was NEVER checked as an option to sync so I was about to lose it! :confused:

This worked. Google Settings>in app settings (three dots)>clear app data. Then restart.

You shouldn't just block notifications. You don't know what else it could send you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty