No counters on my sms and email apps PLEASE HELP

A

AC Question

I want to be able to see how many unread text messages and emails I have. There are no counters on either my sms stock android app or on my gmail app or for that matter on my work email (exchange).

please help

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What device do you have? Has this ever worked?

Android does not support badges (what those numbers are called) by default. You'll need a 3rd-party launcher to get those in many cases.

Onetime72

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Didnt know they were called badges and didnt android didnt support them. I have the s6 Active.
But i thought saw them before just not sure if it was on my s4 or s5 but i thought i saw them

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That's because the Google launcher doesn't support badges. I believe TouchWiz, the native launcher on your phone, SHOULD support badges. Sorry, I can't help with getting them turned on.

looperthedog1

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Bizarre that they do not support something that is a good idea. I remember when they only had Tags in Gmail and would not let you put one under another like folders, dumbasses. but they eventually did it because it made sense. Lets see how long before they get their head outta the sandn on this one. I tried several 3rd party apps for counter with Google launder but they don;t work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87