Google Account Problem

MaxDaBoss23

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC Wildfire S. I originally had two Google Accounts, but deleted one, seeing that I only needed one. Unfortunately, that one is still stuck on my phone, and became the default account without me actually making it that way. I can't recover that account, and now I can't get into Google Play, which I need to be able to do. I don't want to make a factory reset, and I can't remove the account, as a notice comes up every time I try saying that the account is required by some apps on the phone, and needs a factory reset. It asks for a password, but it's an extinct password, as it's a deleted account. My other account, the one I originally kept, is no help, and I can't figure out how to make it the default account. A solution on this would REALLY be appreciated.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, the only way to fix your situation is to do a factory reset so the phone starts over fresh and you can make the correct account the default. On the bright side, your phone will be back to out of the box condition.

Sorry there's no way around this. Don't forget to do backups of anything you don't want to lose!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez