Missing Gallery albums on Samsung Note 2 phone

A

AC Question

OK, there seems to be a million posts on this, but here we go.

My Galaxy Note 2 had a series of photos that were greyed out with a small Facebook logo in the bottom left corner, that would return Unable to load photo when I clicked on them. Turns out that a piece of software, SNS, had to be updated. Now there are no longer any grey photos, but some of the albums are still missing. It appears that all of the original photos are in the phone, but the various albums are no longer there.

Under Facebook > Settings > Photo Syncing, the option Sync All Photos is checked, and the phrase Sync your full gallery appears below it. For Device Settings, the option Sync over WiFi only is checked.

Under Gallery > Settings > Content to display has Content in Facebook greyed out with no check - this is disabled and can not be selected.

Under Gallery > Settings > Facebook account > it has FACEBOOK with Sync Contacts checked, and recently synced. Beneath that is SAMSUNG GALAXY with Sync Calendar and Sync Gallery checked, and recently synced.

Any suggestions for other things to try to resolve the problem, which I assumed is related to the Content in Facebook being greyed out and disabled?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You might want to consider logging out of your Facebook account on the app (which should remove all of the associated data), then log back in again. Alternatively, you could go to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then open Facebook again and log back in.

Another place to check is System Settings>Accounts-Facebook and make sure Photos is checked there. Then go to System Settings>Accounts-Samsung​, and see if there is an option there for Facebook.

lewist57

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Logging out of Facebook and logging back in had no effect, other than now I can no longer select Facebook as an account to add. When I try to chose Facebook, it just launches Facebook. Clearing out the Facebook cache and force stop and logging in had no effect. Photos are checked for Facebook. This is for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone.