Does CWM factory reset delet data partition?

A

AC Question

Hi androidcentral. I am a great fan of you guys and just want to get some help from you.

I own a Nexus 5, and have CWM recovery installed. I just wanna enquire if doing a factory reset from it wipes all of my data such as songs, movies, documents, (you got what I'm trynna say!) present in my internal storage? Or it just restarts my current custom ROM from a fresh new state?

Thanks a lot !

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does doing a FACTORY RESET from CWM Recovery on Nexus 5, delete whole partition data?

Welcome to Android Central!

When you are in CWM recovery, there should be an option to select the partitions you want deleted/cleared. If not, then look for an advanced flash option - it's been a while since I've used CWM, so I don't remember if it's an option you can select. If there is, be sure to not select user data; system and cache should be the only things you need to wipe if you are doing a factory reset. If installing a ROM (which I'm not sure that you are) be sure to check with the ROM developers instructions before flashing.

naqueebsohail

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I am going to install android marshmallow Sir. So can you please let me know whether I can do it via my CWM recovery mode or I need to flash it with all those ADB commands (which I've never done before). If I can flash it via my custom recovery, please let me know the procedure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20