Galaxy S5: can't limit data usage?

A

AC Question

I'm trying to limit data usage on my S5, but for some reason this option isn't available. I've tried with mobile on/off, wifi on/off, and both on/off. I'm never able to set a limit for my data. I also saw mobile and wifi data tabs in "data usage" in other people's screenshots, but I don't have that either. It's just the graph of data usage for the cycle (which I can't change either) followed by the list of individual apps and their data usage. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

I tried to attach a screenshot of what I see when I enter data usage, but that didn't work for me either...

TiltedCode

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Tapping the mobile data icon to turn it off should stop data usage charged against your plan from your phone. I would check it occasionally to be sure it remains off. WiFi data usage does not effect your plan so there should be no need to turn it off. In the case of Verizon, taping the line graph that reflects data usage takes you to screen that allows you to set usage warnings. Unfortunately it is possible to exceed your plan if your usage that triggers the warning is large. Your provider should have a similar function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress