Which phone to get: Nexus 6p, 5x, or Moto X Style?

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

Need some advice as to which phone would be a better pick of the 3 I've mentioned in the question. Currently using a Nexus 5 (Was one of the first to get it when it came out in the UK in 2013). It's been an amazing phone but ever since its screen cracked due to a drop, the replacement screen is nowhere near as good. It's still a good phone but I miss the fluidity and responsiveness of the original screen. So I've decided it's time to upgrade, especially since the camera and battery on my Nexus 5 have been average at best.

I'm totally torn in three ways by the 6p, the 5x, and the Moto X style. I'm a girl and I've got smallish hands so the 5x is tempting in that regard since it's good to be able to single handedly use my current Nexus, but the bigger screen of the other two is also a pull and perhaps worth the compromise? I'm also not that fussed about screen resolution- 1080p is good enough for me. But battery life, camera, speakers and general performance are definitely important.

What keeps me back from the Nexus 6p is the fact that it's built by Huawei. I know they're considered decent but I travel between India/ UK quite a bit, and my friend's OnePlus One behaves terribly in the heat of India- she said it's something to do with Chinese brands not being suitable for that hot, dusty environment. Do you guys think this would be a concern with the 6p?

As for the Moto, I somehow like the look of it at least from pictures. Seems to have decent reviews, and I like that you can customize it. The thing, though, is that a lot of its specs seem similar to the 5x's, except that it's got a slightly larger battery (but with a bigger screen and higher resolution I'm guessing this evens out), and lacks a fingerprint sensor. I also want to try a different look; the 5x looks way too much like my current phone, and the round camera bulge is a bit odd looking (I don't mind the 6p's bar).

Usb type C charging, wireless charging, micro usb charging- none of it matters much to me, I'm OK with either. And even though the Moto has a higher MP camera it sounds like the Nexuses have something that makes up for that, so I'm guessing they're all going perform more or less the same.

Price- I intend to make this phone go for as long as it can, or as long as it continues receiving updates, so investing a good amount of money in a quality phone is something I'm prepared to do. That said, nobody has ever minded paying less and in the UK at least the 32 gb variants of these phones are priced as follows:

Nexus 6p - £450
Nexus 5x - £379
Moto x Style - £399 from Motoroloa's site, £340 cheapest online from other carriers.

Sorry about the long post! Any opinions/ replies are much appreciated :)

iSanjayJoshi

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
i have suggestion u can also go for New Robin's Nextbit phone which is anytime better than all this device but u have to wait wait for some days or u can go for Meizu MX5 Pro One also New Micromax YU Smart phone is coming on 20 oct with 4 GB Ram u\ can choice is ur's get better

but One also i know u need Nexus then u can go for Nexus 5x Coz it's LG Nexus so this phone's performance better than 6P and MOTO X

have good luck

Cepheren

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm quite late, and disregard this if you've already chosen, but just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

I'd recommend going for the 6P. Here's a lowdown:
- 6P has the best display of the three; a 2560x1440 amoled panel, similar to the ones on Samsung's phones. Deeper blacks, brighter colours, more saturation. The Moto X Pure/Style comes a close second however (IPS LCD screen, meaning it's slightly dimmer and doesn't have as good viewing angles).
- Best processor. The Snapdragon 810 did have some overheating issues previously, but they've been optimised with Android Marshmallow, so the phone should never get more than a bit warm.
- Fingerprint scanner; which the Moto lacks.
- The best camera for taking photos (especially if you like selfies - it has a solid 8 MP front camera); if you like video though, you might want to consider the Moto, which has optical image stabilisation.
- Best build quality. Aluminium and glass on the 6P, vs plastic on both the Moto and 5X.
- Best software. Nexus devices receive the fastest Android updates, and run stock Android. I personally have never been a fan of the LG overlay of Android so I dislike the 5X in this aspect. Motorola's interface isn't bad.

Not sure what the guy above me is on about saying the LG Nexus 5X has better performance than both of the others.

Hope I helped :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38