HTC One M7-no Marshmallow official update, custom ROM?

A

AC Question

From what I've seen, it looks like the M7 is not getting Marshmallow, which is a tragedy! I've looked at the specs for the Nexus 5, and they are very similar to the M7. So this got me wondering, would the Nexus 5 ROM work on the M7? How could I get this to work? I tried it yesterday, but the adb command from the command prompt responded that the upgrade failed because the upgrade is labelled as platform Hammerhead, and the M7 is labelled "M7_UL". I thought my upgrade woes were over after getting away from Motorola, but now HTC is putting the screws to us too.

Eric Stealth

May 30, 2015
Visit site
The HTC M7 is more similar to Nexus 4 than Nexus 5. It is codenamed 'Mako'. Perhaps you can try that route.

I have used the Nexus Root Toolkit (available for download on the Internet). It was the easiest way I was able to install Marshmallow on my Nexus 9 LTE device even though the stupid carriers won't be releasing it via OTA until Nov-Dec 2015.

For a fact Google and Android are NOT releasing Marshmallow to Nexus 4 and HTC M7. However there is hope that the Android Community Developers Forum are already in the process of making custom ROMs for them. I've always found THE XDA Forums very helpful.

So for now I am enjoying Marshmallow on my device for the Nexus 9 LTE.

I currently have the HTC One M7 on Lollipop 5.1.1 with a custom ROM from Cyanogen.

Right now I am waiting for Cyanogen or even Android Ice Cold Project to release Marshmallow 6.0.0 on HTC One M7.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress