How can I stop double Facebook notifications?

A

AC Question

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 phone and Sony Xperia Z2 tablet and for the past few days I've been getting app notifications and Facebook "desktop" notifications at the same time! How do I fix this?

moosesf

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Go to the Facebook App and click on the drop down menu in the top right corner. Go to Help and Settings and click on Account settings. Look for Notifications and select it. Look for Mobile and select that. Remove all check marks and it should save automatically.

This should stop web pushes but keep app pushes as App settings are a separate window.

Hope this helps.

gaiuslove

May 7, 2018
Visit site
My new phone was getting Facebook push and email notifications, (i.e.) double notifications from facebook, (i.e) I was being notified that there was something on my Facebook page even after I'd already gone on Facebook and looked at it. So I looked at my previous phone which didn't get these double notifications and saw the difference in their settings.

Here's the procedure (on Facebook version 287.0.0.50.119, on Android version 10 (formerly called Android Q)) to stop the push or double notifications:

Tap:

Facebook app, hamburger (three upper right corner lines), scroll down to and tap Settings and Privacy, Settings, scroll down to Notifications and tap Notifications Settings,

Now you have two options:

1. under Where You Receive Notifications, tap Push and tap Mute Push Notifications, after which the longest option to stop push notifications is 8 hours

or

2. tap Other Notifications and under Where you receive these notifications, move the slider across from Push to the left to turn it off.

You have the option to turn off email notifications there too, but I left email notifications on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674