My apps wont open Optimus LG F6 (vereion 4.1.2)

SlothMayne

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have an Optimus LG F6 (version 4.1.2). When i tap on an app its a black screen for a few seconds and then it goes back to the home screen. Ive tried restarting my phone multiple times, reinstalling the apps repeatedly, and factory reset my phone twice, but still have this problem. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this include system apps as well? Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be a firmware or hardware glitch. You could try installing LG PC Suite and see if it lets you reinstall the firmware, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with your model: LG PC Suite: Manage Your Photos, Videos and Music | LG Hong Kong. Otherwise, you'd have to root the phone and reinstall the stock ROM that way (search a place like xda-developers.com to see if that's possible). If it's a hardware issue, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop, or contact LG if it's still under warranty.

SlothMayne

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Actually i just tried it again (an hour or so later) and my apps work, except one of my apps (ifunny) has disappeared. And if the systen apps are apps like google chrome, youtube, calender, maps, text messages, etc, then yes those open and work normally

SlothMayne

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
They all worked and seemed to be fixed but then i put my phone down for abfew hours and the problem began hapoening again where my apps open in a dark screen for a few seconds and go back tp the home screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty