My Instagram photos won't save to my camera roll

A

AC Question

After I updated to the latest version of Instagram, the photos I upload on IG won't save to my phone gallery. I've tried everything. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've cleared my cache. I've checked my settings on IG and they're set correctly. I'm going insane. Please help.

yardkat

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I've been having the same issue with Instagram not saving the edited photos to my gallery. I tried a bunch of fixes, none worked including deleting all Instagram folders and trying to start from scratch with Instagram. Didn't work, then I googled old version of Instagram and installed the first one, and it worked great, photos were saving again.
Instagram updated itself over night and now it's not working again so there you go. Bah.
Thanks!

hayhayley

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
If you go into your appstore there should be an option somewhere to stop automatic updates.
The old version of instagram was going well it's now starting to get a little glitchy - click on a photo and it opens the photo next to it, can't change profile photo, and now app is crashing randomly.
Not sure how long this version will work for and hoping this isn't a permanent change for instagram!

cmontero

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I posted a similar problem except didn't log into my account (lazy). I also sent multiple "fix it" to Instagram, Samsung, went through my phone files. I really don't care about all the photos. I could take a screenshot of them but there are a lot and it's not about the photos. It's about the overall performance from these services and features. This is my 3rd Galaxy S6 since it's release and I can't get rid of it until it's paid off, I wouldn't sell it because that would be taking advantage of other people in order to get what I want ( a different phone) and they can have a crappy phone. It's even factory reset itself! Lost my info, not much, don't back up to laptop of Google because they are worthless as well. I hate tech.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I now have a further problem with this instagram saga.

My LG V10 has instagram installed by default as part of the OS. So, the first step is to delete the updates to the baseline install. Then I found apk 7.7 and downloaded it. I also turned off auto-update apps within Play settings.

Now, the app that is part of the OS level is AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING ITSELF! This is contrary to my express settings in Play.

I am pretty infuriated by this functionality. Not only does updating it install the bugged version, but it seems like a severe violation of my rights to control my own phone and to introduce data security risks to my device without any ability on my part to control it.

I'm shocked that Google allows this. LG should remove this auto-update 'feature' immediately.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
If you go into your appstore there should be an option somewhere to stop automatic updates.
The old version of instagram was going well it's now starting to get a little glitchy - click on a photo and it opens the photo next to it, can't change profile photo, and now app is crashing randomly.
Not sure how long this version will work for and hoping this isn't a permanent change for instagram!

Please see my latest post. My Instagram on my V10 is auto-updating itself, contrary to my settings in the Play store. Pretty appalling to me!

Racingpreacher

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I set up a tumblr account (which im not fussed about promoting) and linked instagram to it. Then after posting via instagram a quick visit to tumblr and easily download to my phone my filterd instagram pic. Little faffy but it'll do until instagram fix bug.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I set up a tumblr account (which im not fussed about promoting) and linked instagram to it. Then after posting via instagram a quick visit to tumblr and easily download to my phone my filterd instagram pic. Little faffy but it'll do until instagram fix bug.

This is going to be much lower quality than what would be stored on your phone absent the bug, I believe.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and mine is doing the same thing. I use the app Regrann to save the Instagram pic then move it into my Instagram folder. My last auto saved photo seems to be Dec. 22. Must be when I finally updated.

scottintheway

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried with my same account on two different devices: LG G4 and Samsung S3. Neither one will save originals to the device. I have contected instagram through the bug-report feature three or four times. This has been happening since mid December. As far as I'm concerned the app is busted until this feature is fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez