Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchecreen Intermittent

A

AC Question

I've been having a problem with my touch screen on the Samsung Galaxy S3 for around a week now. It started when I turned my phone on and it would not unlock. I thought it was freezing but actually worked out that all of the buttons work apart from the main part of the touch screen itself. A few hours later it started working again 100%... and thought it might have just been a one off... later that day it happened again... and was doing this for about 5 days.... only working for 5-10 minutes at a time... its now been two days since the last time it worked and i could actually get into my phone. Everything works... i still get messages, emails, missed calls but cant access the phone. The power button works, the volume buttons work, the home button works, even the two touch sensitive buttons either side of that work.

Ive reset the phone numerous time... pulled the battery, performed a soft reset, taken the sim card out, let the phone die, charge it up to 100% etc etc. but nothing seems to work. Ive tried turning the phone upside down and dragging my fingers firmly from the samsung logo to the bottom but no no avail, which some posts have suggested - Ive even had the back off and reset the sensor on the circuit board...

To the best of my knowledge, It hasnt been water damaged and it hasnt been dropped.. I was using a charger I found at work - it isn't an official samsung charger which appears to be when the problems started... I'm not using that any longer - could this be the problem? I've also read somewhere that it may be a virus... or something as simple as the the voice control affecting it... which maybe true as each time ive actually accessed the phone, the voice control screen is on... or maybe it need calibrating?

Any suggestions welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo