Helium App for Motorola Droid won't download drivers to my computer

A

AC Question

I have Helium installed on my Android, I have installed it on my PC, but it continues to say I need the drivers. I have used multiple download methods of Helium and the drivers, all of Helium installs except the drivers. It asks to search locally and on the internet, or insert disk...none of the former work, and I don't have a disk.

Please can anyone help??

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with an Oppo Find 7.
I had used the free Helium between a Nexus 4 and the Oppo 2 years ago - it worked. Went to use it the other day to back up the Oppo, and can't get around the splash screen. I have the wiki for Helium - I had done everything they suggested. The drivers for the Oppo were in 7Pro. Listed under Device Manager, and Pro could see the whole phone. I'd even bought the Premium Helium, with the same no luck.

Morgandy14

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Very sorry so much detail below, can anyone find a contact number for the Helium folks so I could contact them directly.

I downloaded the Helium drivers from the link given to me....I still get the error, when I launch Carbon.exe on my computer, to find the drivers, but last night I DID launch 'something' and the helium program did open. I didn't do anything further because I have been working with a very good VZW tech coach, and wanted him to help figure out what to do next. I had to restart my computer for something else, and obviously the program closed. Can't figure out how I got it to open last night.

There is not a Helium or Carbon icon on my desktop, nor the right one in my programs list. I have to go to my program files folder and find the carbon.exe there to launch it.
(program files (x86)/clockworkmod/helium/carbon.exe)

When I launch this, I still get a box error saying
"to enable Helium on your Android, please connect it to USB. Is your Android connected, but not detected? You may need to install drivers."

Phone and PC connected via USB already.

Drivers were installed properly last night, and I did finally get the program to open somehow.

Now on with Tech Coach, can't launch it on my PC, so we went ahead and launched it on the Droid (hit the helium app icon on the phone)....Selected all apps, chose my phones external sd card to back up to (my computer isn't an option, only internal storage, external sd card, add cloud storage account (I already have one but it wants to create a new one).

Backed up everything to SD card, but many of my apps didn't backup, and there are only a few folders that are populated with any data in them.

What is the correct procedure to launch helium/carbon from my computer, and, why won't my apps and data backup properly when I back up from the phone to SD card?

Helium is my last option for backups of calendar, notes, other apps/important data, just everything on my phone except standard photos, music and contacts. I have to exchange this broken phone quickly, but absolutely can't without being able to backup/restore 100% of my data.

I would rather not have suggestions for other ways to do it, have tried everything possible for over a month now (syncs, backup programs, backups to clouds, to gmail, etc..)

Thanks so much to anyone who has the patience to work with me on this,

Amy

Morgandy14

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

(I am revising this to say YES, give me other playstore apps that WILL backup every bit of my own data (like notes and such), because this site has several good looking ones, Helium is a bottom of the barrel app according to the site:

I haven't posted 10 times yet so can't give actual link...this is gist of it, joyofandroid . com /top-10-android-backup - apps-to-save-your- essentials/

Ignore my statement at bottom not to give me suggestions...thanks greatly

Very sorry so much detail below, can anyone find a contact number for the Helium folks so I could contact them directly.

I downloaded the Helium drivers from the link given to me....I still get the error, when I launch Carbon.exe on my computer, to find the drivers, but last night I DID launch 'something' and the helium program did open. I didn't do anything further because I have been working with a very good VZW tech coach, and wanted him to help figure out what to do next. I had to restart my computer for something else, and obviously the program closed. Can't figure out how I got it to open last night.

There is not a Helium or Carbon icon on my desktop, nor the right one in my programs list. I have to go to my program files folder and find the carbon.exe there to launch it.
(program files (x86)/clockworkmod/helium/carbon.exe)

When I launch this, I still get a box error saying
"to enable Helium on your Android, please connect it to USB. Is your Android connected, but not detected? You may need to install drivers."

Phone and PC connected via USB already.

Drivers were installed properly last night, and I did finally get the program to open somehow.

Now on with Tech Coach, can't launch it on my PC, so we went ahead and launched it on the Droid (hit the helium app icon on the phone)....Selected all apps, chose my phones external sd card to back up to (my computer isn't an option, only internal storage, external sd card, add cloud storage account (I already have one but it wants to create a new one).

Backed up everything to SD card, but many of my apps didn't backup, and there are only a few folders that are populated with any data in them.

What is the correct procedure to launch helium/carbon from my computer, and, why won't my apps and data backup properly when I back up from the phone to SD card?

Helium is my last option for backups of calendar, notes, other apps/important data, just everything on my phone except standard photos, music and contacts. I have to exchange this broken phone quickly, but absolutely can't without being able to backup/restore 100% of my data.

I would rather not have suggestions for other ways to do it, have tried everything possible for over a month now (syncs, backup programs, backups to clouds, to gmail, etc..)

Thanks so much to anyone who has the patience to work with me on this,

Amy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty