Deleting apps data on SD card after a factory reset

A

AC Question

I've been trying to look for a solution via googling but didn't found anything.

My LG G3 broke and some chip or board of some sort had to be replaced. My phone was obviously restored like new and at the time of the malfunctioning I had apps installed on my SD card.

I tried to wipe stuff off with SD Maid but since my device isn't rooted (and I don't intend to root before the warranty expires) the app doesn't have privileges to write and delete data on my SD.

So how can I manually erase app data and anything else that shouldn't be there?

I know formatting is an option but i have photos and music that I'd like to keep on the card. And I don't have a card reader on my pc so backing up data, formatting and putting data back would be a pretty tedious process if i had to do it via phone usb, which I find super unreliable.

Thank you =)

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Install a file manager like ES file explorer.then separate your important stuffs like pictures or songs or whatever on your device storage. Then format your external SD card.
There's other option.YOU can use an OTG to transfer your pics nd songs on a flash drive then format your SD card. :) hope it helped.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use a USB adapter to plug the SD card into a computer. Windows doesn't see the Linux permissions flags, so it doesn't know that you can't read and write everything on the card. To Windows, the card is just another external drive, and you can do anything you like. (Linux and MacOS may or may not allow you full access to the card.)