How to enable USB Debugging remotely via ADB or any method?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I've seen this question asked hundreds of times on multiple websites such as stackoverflow, xda developers and Android Central, but I have yet to see a definite clear response. Is it possible to enable USB Debugging remotely via ADB? My phone is stuck in a boot loop and none of the conventional methods (safe mode, clearing cache partition) work. I NEED to retrieve some very important data off my phone via adb pull but I can't because USB Debugging was not enabled before hand. So I have to know is it at all possible?

Also if the above is not possible can I flash a custom ROM without USB Debugging AND retain all my data?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 with Lollipop

Please try to make your response concise and if you don't know please recommend this question to someone else who may be able to assist.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well ...

The definitive answer is that you have to have USB debugging on to get to the part of the phone that controls USB debugging (kind of like rooting - the phone has to be rooted to be rooted). There's one possibility - try the ideas in Post 22 in this thread. Other than that, it depends on how important the data is. A JTAG device can probably do it, but JTAG service isn't cheap. Check on eBay for people who offer JTAG service and see if one of them will pull data off the phone. (Normally, JTAG is used to flash a ROM to a hard-bricked phone.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Kies won't connect until Android is running - which it isn't in a bootloop. Some fancy playing in recovery might be able to access the userdata partition (where you store apps and data) and recover files from it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463