Why can't I activate my phone on Straight Talk? [Verizon S6]

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon S6 that I bought online. The phone is gsm unlocked and I am trying to get activated with Straight Talk. Unfortunately I cant. I put in a SIM in the S6 from Straight Talk that is for Verizon phones. I dont get any signal bars. I tried it with a different sim. Still didnt work. Every time it said"activating phone". Five minutes later it would say activation incomplete . Cant make calls,send texts or go on the internet.Tried it with another Straight talk SiM that is an ATT SIM card that is supposed to work for Unlocked GSM phones. Still didnt work. But I can edit the APN which I could not do before. I dont get signal bars or do anything on my phone. Now my phone doesnt say activating your phone. Now it gives me a notification that the SIM isnt from Verizon. Any suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon S6 that I bought online. The phone is gsm unlocked and I am trying to get activated with Straight Talk. Unfortunately I cant. I put in a SIM in the S6 from Straight Talk that is for Verizon phones. I dont get any signal bars. I tried it with a different sim. Still didnt work. Every time it said"activating phone". Five minutes later it would say activation incomplete . Cant make calls,send texts or go on the internet.Tried it with another Straight talk SiM that is an ATT SIM card that is supposed to work for Unlocked GSM phones. Still didnt work. But I can edit the APN which I could not do before. I dont get signal bars or do anything on my phone. Now my phone doesnt say activating your phone. Now it gives me a notification that the SIM isnt from Verizon. Any suggestions?
Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to create a new APN. Also where did you buy the phone from?

ARC Trooper9

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
With the Straight Talk ATT sim I can edit APN. But then i get a notification that the sim isnt from verizon. The Straight Talk verizon sim doesnt let me edit apn. Says its restricted to current user. But i get a notification that the phone is activating. Although every time it says activation incomplete after 5 minutes

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
With the Straight Talk ATT sim I can edit APN. But then i get a notification that the sim isnt from verizon. The Straight Talk verizon sim doesnt let me edit apn. Says its restricted to current user. But i get a notification that the phone is activating. Although every time it says activation incomplete after 5 minutes
Have you tried calling tech support to see if they can troubleshoot the issue?

ARC Trooper9

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I called Straight Talk and Samsung Support. Samsung said they cant do anything and its probably just that the phone isnt compatible with ST. ST support is kinda useless. They have told me many things. They told me its a software problem with the phone among other things. Also called Verizon support. They said there is nothing they can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez