Damaged Screen... USB Not Connecting To Comp

A

AC Question

Hi All -

I had my S6 edge + for about a month and it was severely damaged to the point where it will not even turn on. I quickly got it replaced with a new phone (Thanks T Mobile) my problem is all my pictures and music are stuck on my old device.

I DID NOT have a cloud or do a back up. I'm a BB user to the core and I am used to memory cards that can be taken out if this were to be an issue. I also don't trust "clouds", but that's a different conversation. So all my pics and music and whatever else from my old phone were put on this new phone and now it's GONE.

I've tried to connect to several comps with several cords to recover my pics and it's not even recognizing my phone. I went to T-Mobile and after the shamed me for not having a back up or recovery app, plugged it in to their comp (or whatever) and within minutes it began lighting up (as if it WAS on, or at least charging). Well - that's more then I've been able to get. That excited me and I ran home to plug it in to my comp and no luck.

I don't know if they were using some super cord or if I'm just doing something wrong. I've used different ports and cords and still no luck. I'm about 5 mins away from sending it away to get my pics back, but am dreading the cost of such service.

PLEASE HELP!