How do I download videos off the internet onto my Galaxy S7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I want to download video clips and youtube videos on to my phone so I can watch them or show them when I am in locations that don't have service

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Easy peasy. Some of youtube videos can be downloaded from the app itself. But if you mean to download videos that can't be downloaded, maybe you can try VidMate, it's not on Play Store. Cause downloading videos from Youtube is illegal.

Posted via the Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is It Legal to Download YouTube Videos?

The words from YouTube "Terms of Service" tell: "You should not download any Content unless you see a 'download' or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content." The content here refers to videos which are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. In other words, it breaks YouTube rules when downloading copy-protected videos.

As mentioned above, you almost deem that it is illegal to download YouTube videos because you can hardly find out a video with a download button or link. Don't just jump to conclusion. YouTube grants something called "Fair Use" leading you to download and use copy-righted videos without getting permission from copyright owners in some cases.

1. If you download and reuse YouTube videos as material for research, criticism, commentary, teaching or news reporting, your use is fair use.
2. Give credit to copyright owners to transfer the protected YouTube video into fair use.
3. Some creative video makers need to download YouTube videos and add original materials to form a new video, for example parody of hit songs, films for entertainment or non-profit only. It can be taken as fair use.
4. In addition, you'd better post the statement "no copyright infringement intended" when you use YouTube videos.
5. Certainly, it is legal to download YouTube videos which belong to you, for example the show recorded from a TV, music video purchased from iTunes, or movie video ripped from DVD. (Rip a DVD to YouTube | Convert YouTube to iTunes)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
TubeMate and Snaptube violate YouTube's Terms of Service, which is why they (and any other app that tries to download YouTube videos) are not allowed in the Play Store. We also don't support promoting apps that violate anyone's terms of service.

If you want to download videos from YouTube, subscribe to YouTube Red (or Google Play Music's unlimited music subscription, or YouTube TV, both of which come with YouTube Red).

Status
Not open for further replies.