Galaxy S7 Volume Button Won't Let Me Mute The Phone

A

AC Question

I just purchased the Galaxy S7 from AT&T, and everything is working fine except for the volume button. I think it may be some sort of software issue. The button works from taking the phone to a normal ringtone to vibrate and vice versa. But when it is on the vibrate setting and you press the volume down button to try and get it to the Mute setting, nothing happens. The only way to get it to Mute is to do it via the settings on the top of the menu bar. I have the latest version of the firmware installed. Android version 6.0.1 kernel 3.18.20-7193387. If anybody is having similar issues, or knows anything about this issue, please let me know.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is a feature that was removed, no one has the facility to silence the phone via the volume rocker. If you swipe down with two fingers on the phone to reveal the extended notification panel - select the volume icon, pressing this will change the phone's profile to:

1) Volume
2) Vibrate
3) Mute

Kupofasa

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Yet another reason to risk breaking my phone by putting on a custom OS. Between this and removing the feature to let individual apps set whether or not they vibrate, we've effectively turned my phone into a percussion instrument against my will.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member