Question alarm didn't increase in volume but usually does. Notificaition said "missed alarm"!

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
alarm didn't increase in volume but usually does. Notificaition said "missed alarm"!

i'm using the "Clock" nativeandroid app

Normally when I set an alarm, the volume increases so it will always wake me up.

But this time the volume stayed low and just didn't increase.

I've tried testing it to repeat it and the same thing happens. The volume doesn't increase.

I have alarm set to the noise of "Default(Oxygen. )".

I have vibrate ticked though that wouldn't make a difference.

In the past I would pick a day but now I don't I just let it defeault to "today". But that doesn't make a difference

The volume just is not increasing!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the basic question, but is the Alarm volume slider turned up, or is it pretty low? If it's low, the Increasing Volume setting will still max out at that low volume.

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
thanks, I think I see now..

So the alarm volume setting, that's absolute maximum.. So if the alarm is left for a while and ends up mad loud, that's as loud as that max vol setting there?

I notice that when set to gradually increase volume, whether set to 60sec or 10sec, the alarm sound increases after even a few seconds. But is the difference that at 60sec the increase goes from quiet to whatever the alarm volume is set to, over a 60sec time period. Whereas at 10sec, that happens over a 10sec time period, so the increase from quiet to the set alarm volume is much quicker?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure about that since I've never tested it myself. I would think the gradual increase would be over a few seconds, like maybe 5 seconds.

Looking at it further, I think that time interval is in fact how long it takes for the sound to get to max volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana