Unable to access google account from Galaxy 6s plus

A

AC Question

Purchased a Galaxy 6s plus and after 3 weeks it needed a software update (photos, calendar and contacts were backed up). After rebooting I proceeded to access my phone with my fingerprint and it asked for a password (It was to use in place of a password). I tried every password I ever use thus, resorting to doing a hard reset. I am unable to access my Google account. What can I do to rectify this problem and why am I unable to access my Google account.

Perturbed in Palm Springs!!!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Purchased a Galaxy 6s plus and after 3 weeks it needed a software update (photos, calendar and contacts were backed up). After rebooting I proceeded to access my phone with my fingerprint and it asked for a password (It was to use in place of a password). I tried every password I ever use thus, resorting to doing a hard reset. I am unable to access my Google account. What can I do to rectify this problem and why am I unable to access my Google account.

Perturbed in Palm Springs!!!

You will need to get in to your Google account before you can get in to the phone. You can try contacting Google to see if they can reset your account. Without that you may need to take it to your carrier.