Unlock lag since updating to Marshmallow

A

AC Question

Hi, I recently did a system update from lollipop to marshmallow, and since then every time I press the home key or unlock button to light up my screen it now takes between 8-10 seconds to actually open up and it is very slow to respond after that.
Samsung took it off for repair and have sent it back confirming that the problem has been fixed however it is still happening. They refuse to deal with it since I did not purchase the phone from them, however they released the update that has now caused these issues..
Is it possible that the phone overheated whilst updating and has caused problems with the chips?
The phone is less than 6 months old and was working perfectly up until the update

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying that you sent the phone to Samsung "after" you got the MM update and they returned the phone and the problem is still there? I'm a little confused with how "recently" you updated your phone.

What kind of phone do you have (it's always nice to give this information)? Have you tried starting the phone in Safe mode? Have you wiped the cache partition and factory reset the phone in recovery yet? Note that a factory reset will wipe data from the phone, so be sure to back up any data you care about before factory resetting.

mavz44

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently did a system update from lollipop to marshmallow, and since then every time I press the home key or unlock button to light up my screen it now takes between 8-10 seconds to actually open up and it is very slow to respond after that.
Samsung took it off for repair and have sent it back confirming that the problem has been fixed however it is still happening. They refuse to deal with it since I did not purchase the phone from them, however they released the update that has now caused these issues..
Is it possible that the phone overheated whilst updating and has caused problems with the chips?
The phone is less than 6 months old and was working perfectly up until the update

I have the same problem and would love to know if there is a fix. My lag is about 5 seconds. The update also fried my SD card.