Speed dial widgets stuck using Skype as dialer

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1 on VZW. I use various one-touch phone dial widgets, such as SpeedDial. Somehow last week when I was abroad, something changed so that they used Skype instead of the standard phone dialer, which was good for saving money on international calls. But now I'm back in the US and the SpeedDial app is stuck using Skype as the dialer. I try uninstalling Skype and it says "application not found." I tried using a few different speed dial widgets and they *all had the same problem*. I tried uninstalling Skype, rebooting the phone, and reinstalling it again. The speed dial widget said "application not found" again. Then I fired up Skype and logged in. Sure enough, the next time I tried the SpeedDial widget it used Skype for dialing. Before I left on this trip, the widgets always used the standard Phone app.

There are no application settings for Skype in Application Manager, nor are there settings in these speed dial widgets for choosing a dial app.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I spent an hour on tech support chat with Skype and they weren't able to help.

Markrohde57

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't see any responses here.. Did you ever solve this? It just happened to my Note 5 after an ATT update. (That I never asked for and was just done the other day with no warning). Several things have changed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy