Where is the memory of the HTC one M7 located?

A

AC Question

Hi,
I have a HTC One m7 with a broken screen connector so the whole screen module has to be replaced.
To do so, I have 2 options: buy a new phone or replace the screen which would cost me around €150,00 euros.
Choosing option number one, will lose all my data but I have come up with a solution.
I already replaced the charging port of my HTC one before so I know how to open the phone and basically know the phone's inside a little bit.
I bought a second hand HTC one M7, and I'm wondering if I could swap the motherboards between the two phones.
So taking the motherboard of the broken M7 and replacing that with the motherboard of the 'new' M7.
I'm guessing this could work but I'm not sure, neither am I certain that the motherboard also contains the memory module.

So to sum my question up:
Is it possible to swap motherboards so I can keep all my data?

Excuse me for any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Dutch guy Kevin :)

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Kevin

Unless someone here can correct me, if I'm wrong.....all you need to do is swap screens....NO DATA loss will occur. Is the connector broken on the mother board? or digitizer?

Please register for our forums, so troubleshooting with you would be easier.

Chris

DutchyKevin

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the answer Chris, however I only have basic tools.
Switching the motherboard would be easier for me than switching the screen and removing all of the components and assembling them on the new screen. (HTC uses a lot of components)

Or will it bring problems swapping the motherboard with the rest of the hardware?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Kevin,

This would now get to a point where its out of my area of expertise. I wish I could advise you further, but knowledge of motherboard/circuitry is not something I can offer support for.

I'm going to bring in some other members, to see if they can answer your questions, going forward!

Chris

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The storage (you don't care about the memory [memory is RAM, storage is ROM], once you turn the phone off, there's nothing in it) is located on the motherboard, so you have to get your old files off the original motherboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro