Google play store won't download or update over wifi

A

AC Question

Recently my phone hasn't been able to download or update any apps over wifi through the Google Play Store, but can on the Galaxy App Store. The rest of the Internet works fine, just that one issue. I've already tried removing cache and app data, also going as far as refreshing to factory, but still won't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, this problem seems to crop up from time to time, and I'm not sure how long you have to keep IPv6 disabled (this would obviously become more of a problem as IPv6 addresses become more prevalent).

In order to disable IPv6, you have to log onto your router's settings--look at the router's manual to learn how.

Ulfila

Jun 4, 2019
Visit site
This was a problem for me for a very long time, but today I found the solution.

On your phone go to settings, system, about phone and press multiple times on Build number, until you become a developer.

Go to settings again, system, developer options and enable Wi-Fi verbose logging.

Enjoy!

the IPv6 solution didn't work for me, I could download over wifi from google store, but download was stopped many times; for 1 GB I was needed to wait hours