Contacts App Crashing "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped"

A

AC Question

LG G3 D850 on AT&T. Updated to Marshmallow (6.0) 2 days ago which I'm assuming has something to do with this issue. Anything having to do with editing or creating a contact causes "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" to pop up and I cannot edit or add any contact information. I haven't been able to find anything helpful online. I have tried to restart the phone and also went into settings>general>smart cleaning> and I removed the temporary files. If you have any ideas on what I can try next let me know. Thanks in advance.

Rich Klein

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I don't have any suggestions, but I have precisely the same issue, and also assume that it is due to the Marshmallow upgrade. I'll probably stop by the AT&T store this weekend just to see if they have any info.

silverslc

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Arg! I have the same Problem!! Cant add contacts after Marshmallow Update!! Try to add contact and app says - Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped - The closes. :mad: Ill keep looking for a solution.

LgG3 Att

Louise Belcher15

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. Alot of people said deleting voicemails worked, others said Google+ was the problem so they disabled it. But nothing worked for me so I went into:
1. Google+ App
2. Account settings
3. Clicked contacts
4. Clicked Keep contacts up to date

After this I clicked on contacts once more and it worked perfectly again. I hope it works for anyone else if nothing else worked either.

alexjolliff

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
LG G3 D850 on AT&T. Updated to Marshmallow (6.0) 2 days ago which I'm assuming has something to do with this issue. Anything having to do with editing or creating a contact causes "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" to pop up and I cannot edit or add any contact information. I haven't been able to find anything helpful online. I have tried to restart the phone and also went into settings>general>smart cleaning> and I removed the temporary files. If you have any ideas on what I can try next let me know. Thanks in advance.

here is a simple fix. clear bith your data and cache under your contacts app and it will work. It will not delete your contacts its just restoring your contact info

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non