Why is my app can always update the application notification

A

AC Question

Dear All,

I find it very annoying. I am using Samsung Note 3, should be the latest version of Android. I have a game which I have disabled the notification via System--> Application Notification. However, when I invoke the game, this game automatically enabled the Notification. Isn't the OS should have the final say what app notification can be displayed and what should not be display? Why is this OS letting the application decide?

Please advise what should I do to permanently disable the notification for the application. If there is nothing that I can do, I will have to uninstall the game.

Google should work something on this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How can you "invoke" the game if it's disabled? Do you mean you close the game? Then it's still there to be opened by Android.

Either the OS has disabled the game, in which case it's not in your app drawer and you can't run it, or it's not disabled, you can run it, but if it gets a notification it'll show it.

To permanently disable it, use App Backup & Restore to create the apk file, store that on your PC (in case you ever want to install the game again), then uninstall it. Permanently disabling it and uninstalling it are the same except a. if you uninstall it, you gain a little space and b. if you want to reinstall it, it'll cost you a minute or two.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you turning of the notification by going to the App Manager, selecting the game, then Notifications and turning them all off ?

tan ts

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you turning of the notification by going to the App Manager, selecting the game, then Notifications and turning them all off ?

That's what I have done. Setting-->Device-->Sounds and Notification-->Application Notification--> block the game notification.

I blocked the notification; I just want to play the game quietly, and as and when wanted, not wanting to be disturbed on other times. However, when I played the game again, the blockage will be removed, and it will enable the notification again.

Isn't OS should have the final say, and application cannot change it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Instead, go to the App Manager and select the game. Depending on the Android version you're on, there might be a "Show Notifications" checkbox, or there might be a Notification category. Uncheck the checkbox, or tap the Notification category and turn off notifications there. That's what I would consider the highest level notification control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress