Hi all,

I got the HTC 10 and I am so far happy except for the issue related to screen. I noticed that when you try to hold and swipe the screen slowly, the brightness changes very rapidly. That is, it doesn't settle to being low or high, but flickers back and forth to high and low brightness as long as I touch the screen.

This happens even when the auto brightness is disabled.

Also I can see the light source (6 or 7 bright light spots) in the bottom of the LCD panel that illuminates the screen. This is very much visible when the brightness is 50% or less than 50%, but as I increase the brightness, I am not able to see it.

Anyone else face this problem? Is it normal for the light source to be visible near the bottom of the screen? Should I return it?

Thanks
    05-14-2016 03:40 AM
    Same here. Also happens when you view your photos. Friend of mine is also experiencing this kind of issue.
    05-16-2016 06:39 AM
    I got the HTC 10 in August, but I just started to have a similar issue. My brightness dims in and out while I am on certain apps. It only started 2 days ago, but I am already annoyed by it. I tried adjusting the brightness manually and setting it on auto but so far the problem has not been fixed.

I would definitely like to know what is going on.
    09-14-2016 04:55 PM
    Hello there..
    In experiencing same issues like described in here .. With brightness being unresponsive and those led capacitive buttons can be seen on the display and ob top i enable those buttons to always stay on while screen is on ..

I read some stuffs out there on the web and found that may be its a software issue and hopefully this can be fixed through an update .. Im also waiting . . 😊
    But in the meantime i tried it and its still under observation, navigate to setting and display,gestures.. And select brightness and tick automatic brightness and swipe the level you desired for max brightness you want when in auto brightness mode..

Till now it seems to be fine but gotta watch it during for few days still ..

See to it . .
    11-01-2016 01:47 PM