no 4G on my samsung galaxy s3 tmobile sgh-t999

A

AC Question

I have a problem with my 4G on my tmobile s3 phone. It cant connect to 4G at all, anywhere in madison, wi and is always on the edge network. It will connect to 4G when I go to milwaukee, wi though.
I have swapped my sim card in a friends phone and was able to get on 4G LTE, on a note 3. I was thinking that maybe it works on 4G LTE and not 4G?
I went to the tmobile store and upgraded my sim card and still nothing. They told me to call customer service, transfered to technical support, escalated to engineering, and was told to wait 72 hours. Its been a week and I havent heard nothing.
It cant be my sim card because I upgraded it and I tested it out on a note 3 with 4G LTE. It cant be my phone because I get 4G in a different city. So Im guessing its with the 4G bands itself, the hspa+ networks in madison, wi?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"wait 72 hours" then call them back. They assume that, since they haven't heard from you, it's working now. Call them during business hours (like on Monday, although you can try calling today).