How to get my videos back into my main gallery

A

AC Question

Let me start by saying I am new to Android.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and have been enjoying it, but manage files has been rough. I have an SD card on top of the internal storage. I transferred all my photos and videos from my iPhone to this phone when I got it. When my SD card came I tried transferring all media to the SD card. Videos being the largest size, after moving them to the sd card I deleted them from the "video" folder in the "my files" app (before going into the internal and SD storage folders listed at the top). Since then my videos do not show in my gallery though I can find them on my SD card.

Is there any way to get them back into that video folder and back into my gallery?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Files aren't "in" Gallery, Gallery shows any files on the device. But transferring files doesn't trigger media scanner to log which files are where. Either restart the phone or run media.Re.Scan to rebuild the database. (And if you're running Marshmallow, make sure the card is installed as Portable storage, not as Adoptable storage.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, using your My Files app, make sure there isn't a ".nomedia" file in the directory that holds your video files (or in any parent directory). This would instruct the system to ignore those directories when searching for media to add to the Gallery database.