Marshmallow update problems.

A

AC Question

Never posted here befor so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place for the answers I'm looking for. I found this site among one of many searches. I have a droid maxx 2 from Verizon and have had the Marshmallow update pestering the crap out of me to download it for about 3 weeks now but I am scared to death to do so due to some pretty bad reviews and posts I have seen in various places about how it has screwed up so many things on people's phones. Since I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this type of technology, where would be a good place to go to get help fixing the things that may go wrong when I down load this? I have been reading a lot of the posts here but haven't seen much and what I have seen I don't know what phone is being referred to. Am I looking in the wrong place here or is there a better site for technical help? My searches are turning up virtually nothing.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Just make a complete backup and be prepared to do a full factory reset after the update. From my experience, most of the errors happening during major updates like this are due to certain settings and app files interacting that are no longer compatible with new software, or old file remnants that are causing errors. A factory reset should fix any error and delete any errant files while keeping the new OS version intact.

pauly kidds

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi.same here all new to androids until 2 weeks ago when i got my new S5 Neo...all fantastic until i updated to Marshmallow......now the screen stays black'wont come on as normal when i open the case....i cant turn off the alarm in the morning without taking the battery out...and repeatedly getting the SD card popup 50 times a day.....bit worried about factory reset although it seems my only option but as a bit of a android virgin all sounds a bit scary ....anything i need to do first...thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss