Cubot device low Memory help

Roguetraits

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a cubot S208 kitkat 4.4.2, the phone actually has an internal capacity of 16g whille android is only allowing me to use 1 gig for storage. ive rooted with kingoroot which seems to work fine on the phone i can run apps like link2sd etc. supersu wont load binary files to run, link2sd wont mount the etx2 partiton i made alongside a fat32 partition using minipartition tool via pc with sd adapter says either no such device or invalid arguement. CRW recovery is not supported on phone twrp installs but doesnt seem to work on boot recovery.

so pretty much all i want to know is HELP lol, i need an android guru to teach me a little more about what im doing to maybe flash a rom of a diff ui

also would flashing a ui remove the whole "android can only use 1gig internal memory" rubbish

thanks to anyone who takes the time to help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Please help!

I have a cubot S208 kitkat 4.4.2, the phone actually has an internal capacity of 16g whille android is only allowing me to use 1 gig for storage. ive rooted with kingoroot which seems to work fine on the phone i can run apps like link2sd etc. supersu wont load binary files to run, link2sd wont mount the etx2 partiton i made alongside a fat32 partition using minipartition tool via pc with sd adapter says either no such device or invalid arguement. CRW recovery is not supported on phone twrp installs but doesnt seem to work on boot recovery.

so pretty much all i want to know is HELP lol, i need an android guru to teach me a little more about what im doing to maybe flash a rom of a diff ui

also would flashing a ui remove the whole "android can only use 1gig internal memory" rubbish

thanks to anyone who takes the time to help.
Welcome to Android central!

In order to flash a recovery you need to flash a recovery made specifically for your device. I'm not sure that one exists. What I would suggest is going to XDA and see if there is a development forum for your device and see if anyone has developed a recovery.

With regards to the memory issue. Flashing a ROM won't fix that. There should be more than 1G available to the user. Go into system settings > storage. See how much available storage you have.