Which of these phones should I upgrade to? (coming from an LG G2)

A

AC Question

Hey!

So I've been looking at phones that came out this year as well as last year, but I'm having a really hard tome choosing which phone is worth the upgrade over my LG G2 (stuck on Android KitKat...), especially in the software, camera, battery and build quality departments.
I've been mainly hesitating between the HTC 10, OnePlus 3, Huawei P9/P9 Plus (or any Huawei phones that may have a good camera), LG V10 and maybe the Nexus 6P.

(On a side note, I wanted to know if the V10 has the screen technology as the G2, as I had broken my screen, leaving a not-so-bad-looking shatter, but making the screen unusable)

If there are other phones that may be worth the upgrade to, please let me know!

Thanks a bunch!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, please create an account with us and you can explore our forums - you'll find many pro's and con's to each new phone you've listed above. If I had to choose you a phone to upgrade to, I would suggest the S7 edge or the LG G5 :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Well, first off, I must say that you have landed on all fairly good options for upgrading, IMO.

I can't speak for the screen technology of the V10, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. I feel that if you enjoy LG and their overall experience, the V10 is one of the best yet underrated handsets the company has ever made, IMO. I have an LG G3 and love it, and if I had to stick with LG, I feel like I'd want to get a G4 or V10.

However, I would suggest watching unboxing videos (look for Android Authority and Android Central videos on YouTube) and try to get your hands on these phones to give 'em a test drive so you can know what they're like in the hand.

And as the user above me stated, there are a bunch of review articles here about these phones, so come on board if you like and give them a read! Good luck, and let us know what you've decided!

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey! (I'm the author of the question)

1- Thank you for the suggestions ^^ I've been looking at both and they look quite nice, but I'm hesitant aboit the G5's build quality, and I don't know what to think about TouchWiz.

2. The V10 has seriously been catching my attention. The only real drawback I saw is with the battery, but then it's swappable, so it's not too bad. Though I'm unsure about the software, because I've been stuck on KitKat on my G2 and it's been lagging and screwing around with me probably because of the lack of updates, that's why I'm leaning a little towards phones with close to stock Android. Unless LG's software proves to handle itself well with time I might give it a try.

Ill try and find stores nearby to try them out for sure.

That's the thing, Ive been looking at reviews for several of these phones, but I can't seem to decide myself, but then maybe that's because I'm looking for a phone with good software and a camera really worth the upgrade over the G2. But thanks for the tips anyway!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you mean - reviews can be all well and good, but sometimes they may confuse you even more because then you think all of your options can be the perfect buy and then you're still at the drawing board!

Yes, go to the store and see what they have, and see if you can give any of them a test run.

I've heard good things about the G5's hardware/build quality and have also heard unsatisfied opinions about it... But I think that that is something you may need to check out for yourself when you pick it up and examine it. And a sales representative should be able to help you out there, too, if they've done their homework/know from past sales what has held up well in terms of build quality and wear and tear as opposed to other devices it there.

Good luck! And welcome to Android Central!

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
It is really hard especially since none have the perfect combination I'm especially looking for. But I'll probably fine one that'll fit my needs alright.

That's one I'm pretty concerned about, because the dual camera looks great and I find the modular part of it really cool, but then from what I've seen the build and screen quality hasn't convinced me through video, so I might give it a try in a store to see.

What do you think of the other phones listed, like the htc 10, the nexus 6p, Huawei P9 and OnePlus 3?

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking more into some of the phones I mentioned, yet I'm still struggling choosing. I do have four that attract me that I think look like the best for me, but then I'm unsure.
It includes the Nexus 6P, the HTC 10, the Huawei P9 Plus, and the LG V10.

What are your thoughts on each and which have drawbacks that might concern me highly?

Thanks again!

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi again!

Okay, so I've been looking more into different options and managed to try a few of them in some stores, yet I still can't manage to decide which to chose.
I'm also not sure how my economic conditions will be in a few months and don't know how much the prices will drop, so I'm trying to open my options a little.

So far, I've been hesitating with these devices: HTC 10, Galaxy S7, Huawei P9 (maybe Plus), Nexus 6P, and MAYBE the Moto Z Droid.

Unless I hear good stuff about LG's software and updates, maybe the LG V10. But otherwise I'm not considering getting a new LG phone. Haven't been satisfied with my G2's software experience even after managing to update to Lolipop.

What do you guys think? Which would you recommend over another and why so?