I've got a Moto360 today. the battery is draining too fast

A

AC Question

Hello guys, i've got my moto360 today. the battery is draining too fast. the battery was 100% at 10:00PM and it's 11:10PM in here. the battery is now in 31% :( how do i solve this issue. software version is 5.0.2. Ambient screen is turned off.

Thank you

DulanKalhara

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Is this the first or second gen moto? Is this while you are wearing the watch? Do you have the display always on?

The watch will generally drain heavy after an update. There are other factors though

This is the 1gen version. I didn't try it while wearing yet. I've turned off all of the display functions. Ambient, tilt to wake up, etc. Recently updated to v5.1.1

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The main thing that I found with my Android Wear, if you keep wifi on it's a BIG hit to the battery. Turn wifi off and the battery life is much more acceptable. Now my experiences are with the Asus Zenwatch 2, but all the Android Wear watches have the same software and very similar hardware.

In my opinion, the wifi doen't add a lot to the Android Wear experience for me. I would have to be somewhere where I connect to the wifi, and feel comfortable being away from my phone to get any use out of the wifi. For me that's would only be at home, but even at home, I almost always have my phone with me.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you given it a charge cycle, has it settled down? If it is just sitting on the bench after a reset it shouldn't drain like that. Try turning Bluetooth and Wifi off. If it still drains then you have a hardware issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty