I have soft bricked my AT&T HTC M8, what can I do to revert back to stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Hello!

So I recently replaced my stolen AT&T HTC M8 with an a refurbished one and decided to root it for my first time. Unfortunately, I fell into the common mistake of using the outdated Hasoon2000 All-in-one toolkit. I'm not well-knowledged in phones, but I definitely want to learn (which is why I am here). I know I should've been more cautious and prepared prior, but all I can do is learn and move forward now. I've spent a few hours researching and trying to understand the process, but there is a lot of technical aspects that I haven't grasped yet. Well, here is my situation:

My phone is currently soft bricked and I am unable to access my phone's UI when I boot it. After the HTC One logo, the phone will be black and consistently bring up, "unfortunately AT&T ready2go has stopped". It will also say that the UI has stopped and I have no choice but to turn off my phone. Prior to this, I had an issue with Superuser where there was no binary so I tried to re-install it thinking that would do something; I then performed a factory reset (thinking it would somehow fix it). I realized after this that TWRP and SU were both out of date and now I'm here not sure what to do. I would like to be able to flash the RUU to revert back to stock and go through the rooting process manually but I haven't had much luck with the .exe file so far; do I need to have S-OFF and/or relock my bootloader? If so, how do I do that? I'm still learning, and it's a lot to pick up, so bear with me please as I try to piece together everything. I've been searching through the forums, but it hasn't really helped me too much.

Here is what my Hboot says:
*** Software Status: Modified ***
M8_UL_CA PVT SSHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-4.0.U605611@50319A
OpenDSP-v47.2.2-00564-M8974_F0.1024
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
AUG 4 2015, 23:21:05.0

Getvar All (not exactly sure what this is, but I saw other help posts listing it and figured it's useful)
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4.0.U605611@50319A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul_ca
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B12000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 7f8e91a3
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

If anyone could give me some guidance/clarity then I would truly appreciate it! Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You should be able to RUU back to stock with a Windows machine. You can download the file from HTCs site, and then use Windows to open the program that comes with the ROM file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty