Galaxy Note 4 not working on initial setup

A

AC Question

I just bought a Galaxy Note 4, apparently brand new, sealed box and everything.

When I first turn it on to start it up I get to the Welcome screen where I select my Language with country.
I click "Start" and straight away it gives me the message "Unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and doesn't let me go any further.

If I try the same thing without a sim card in, I get to the next screen telling me about putting my sim card in now or later, and then when I press Next, it gives me the same error message.

I searched for the error message and there are a few suggestions about turning the phone off and starting it with holding Home, Volume up and the Lock buttons, and changing/resetting some settings, although when I do that all the options are in another language that I can't figure out how to change.

I have contacted the place I bought the phone from and am waiting on a response, but I was just hoping for some help in the meantime. Very frustrating.

Thanks for any help possible.

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
turn it off, press Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time. when the logo appears you can let go. scroll with volume keys down to factory data reser or wipe all data or something along those lines and use the power key to select. select yes and wait for it to reset. when it says done just select reboot now and if there in a different language try and google a pic of the layout on the note 4 bootloader and side by side the pics and see if you can compare them to figure whats what. hope i helped :)

Rocky861

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
His this is the OP, I had to make an account because I have to give some additional information.

Firstly thanks for the quick reply.

I just noticed and figured out something when searching for solutions, that when I boot that way into the recovery mode it boots into a "Team Win Recovery Project v2.8.5.0" which all of those options are in a different language, that so far I have no idea how to change.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't deal with a phone that gives you problems right off the bat. Contact the seller and return the phone for a refund. It's obvious the phone isn't brand new if it has TWRP on it. TWRP isn't part of Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez