Do you fix your own phone?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if any of you guys/gals have damaged your device and fixed it on your own? If so what website do you use for parts? My buddy had an s7 edge and chattered his screen and the website I've used for parts doesn't have s7 edge glass right now. Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if any of you guys/gals have damaged your device and fixed it on your own? If so what website do you use for parts? My buddy had an s7 edge and chattered his screen and the website I've used for parts doesn't have s7 edge glass right now. Any thoughts?

IMO with water resistantance, I would send it to Samsung. A while back someone had their S5 screen replaced by a third party and they didn't seal it correctly and condensation built up.

He could call Samsung Plus, the app should be pre-loaded and this isn't 800 Samsung and get an estimate of cost.

Also if he happens to be where there is a walk in service center, they have a few, he can get a cost and replaced without having to send in his phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd have a go at phone repairing if I could be sure of getting genuine, new OEM parts, and the repair seemed doable. As things are, you might get duff parts, or ones pulled from a busted phone, etc. At least, so I suspect, though could be wrong.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd have a go at phone repairing if I could be sure of getting genuine, new OEM parts, and the repair seemed doable. As things are, you might get duff parts, or ones pulled from a busted phone, etc. At least, so I suspect, though could be wrong.

The place I've ordered from has never done me wrong, or my other friend. He's repaired iPhones to Sony phones with no problems.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO with water resistantance, I would send it to Samsung. A while back someone had their S5 screen replaced by a third party and they didn't seal it correctly and condensation built up.

He could call Samsung Plus, the app should be pre-loaded and this isn't 800 Samsung and get an estimate of cost.

Also if he happens to be where there is a walk in service center, they have a few, he can get a cost and replaced without having to send in his phone.

Reason I'm asking is because he doesn't really care about that lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty