Why failed to play... unknown error has occurred?

A

AC Question

I recorded video through Samsung galaxy s7, then transferred the video to mac desktop, but the transferred file on Mac desktop failed to play. I went back to s7 to view the video on s7 and found “failed to play video an unknown error has occurred" message. The video seems still in there, anyone can help me to recover my precious record?

wolfpack219

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
So I have been having this issue since yesterday. I found several people on the Internet and forums asking about this but nobody responding...... I fixed my issue, here is how:

Remove and reinstall the SD card! Make sure it doesn't go in incorrectly. I though about that I had dropped my phone a couple times since I had it and that may have caused the SD to become unmounted partially. Sure enough, all video plays again and the recorder works perfectly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the tip! There's always a small bit of risk saving data to an SD card, so if you have photos or videos that are precious, make a habit of backing them up regularly, or uploading them to Google Photos automatically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki