Why don't some downloaded songs with edited tags play?

A

AC Question

I often download music to my phone, either through downloaded albums or youtubetomp3. However, occasionally some songs I download online (since they have no tags and just a filename), I cannot seem to edit them without having a playback error on google play music. The majority (say 80%) of songs, I download of youtube, I can edit tags (artist name, song name, etc...) fine and play them. However, some songs, regardless if flac or mp3, and whatever version of mp3 I try to change them with (i.e. mp3tag) and any tagging software, when I put them on my phone, I still get a playback error.

In the end, I have a massive library of songs, the majority which can be filtered by artist name, and the remaining 15% or so, which only shows the song name and I have a plethora of songs labelled under (unknown artist). Is there any work around to this, perhaps copy protection on songs (however, some songs which I doubt have copy protection, even homemade stuff, doesnt seem to work)

Been trying to tackle this issue for some time, any advice would be much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez