How to Disable Captive Portal Login from Accessing Your Pictures, Files, Media Content?

A

AC Question

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to a Note 7, so all kinds of stuff pop up asking me whether I would like to "Allow" or "Deny" them from accessing my pictures, media, and files.

My phone was trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network and a box popped up saying: Captive Portal Login - allow access to pictures, media, files, etc. and two buttons with the words Access or Deny. I accidentally pressed ALLOW.

Now, I am afraid that whatever Captive Portal Login is, has access to my photos, media, and files....

What can I do to disable this feature on my phone? Can I reverse the access somehow? HELP!!!

THANK YOU!

Telecine 70mm

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
The quickest way is to go to settings, then to Apps, swipe across to All, scroll down to CaptivePortalLogin, click on it , clear cache, then click on force stop, affirm then click on 'clear data' with luck you might of killed it off

spoutinwyze

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The quickest way is to go to settings, then to Apps, swipe across to All, scroll down to CaptivePortalLogin, click on it , clear cache, then click on force stop, affirm then click on 'clear data' with luck you might of killed it off

"Might HAVE" or "might've". God dammit that irks me.

Back to issue. Captive portal is not required for wifi access. You can go into your wifi networks, choose the connection, click forget, then reconnect. This time choose deny.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: able Captive Portal Login from Accessing Your Pictures, Files, Media Content?

How can I restart Captive Portal Login after it has been stopped.
Welcome to the forums. System apps like that one will restart on their own after you restart the device or when they are needed. You don't need to worry about that.