Where can I find photo and video files synced to OneDrive from Samsung Gallery?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been wondering this since Samsung ended photo and video sync with their own Samsung Cloud and moved users to syncing Gallery items with OneDrive. I can see my photos and videos through the OneDrive app or desktop browser by going to Photos and there, choosing to see photos from Samsung Gallery. However, I can't find the actual files anywhere.

Not truly relevant, but for those who wonder why someone would want to do this, there are several reasons. One is to be able to organize my photos and videos in folders and subfolders (say by year and month). Albums don't cut it, since they don't allow for nesting. Another reason is so that services that connect to your OneDrive and sync contents with something else (like a NAS) also have access to these files.

Anyone know how to do this?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

razor1973

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, not true in my case. I've read in a few places that I can get to the files through a "Pictures" folder. However, I don't see this folder. Not through the OneDrive desktop app, not through the Android mobile app, not through a desktop browser through onedrive.live.com. Allow these photos to illustrate what I mean.

OneDriveDesktopApp1.jpg

OneDriveDesktopAppSettings1.jpg

OneDriveDesktopAppSettings2.jpg

OneDriveFiles1.jpg

OneDriveFiles2.jpg

OneDrivePhotos.jpg

OneDriveSettings1.jpg

OneDriveSettings2.jpg

razor1973

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am using Personal and I pay for the annual Office 365 subscription, so I have 1TB.

I am not looking for the photos as media, but as files. However......................

I found my photo and video files! I had moved the "Samsung Gallery" folder somewhere else hoping the sync process would recreate off the root, but, apparently, the link to that folder is kept no matter where you move it. All my photo and video files were there!

Thanks all for your replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress