How can I update my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running android 5.1.1 and Marshmallow has been out for a while yet, however when I try to update my phone OTA (through settings > software update) it says my phone is already up to date. I know that my phone is able to have newer versions of android and was wondering if there is a way I can update my phone other than OTA. Also, I believe the reason I can't update OTA is because I am not in the country the phone is from, and I will never be able to go there so that is not an option. Thanks.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Well I contacted the Samsung people from the country I bought it from, and they requested lots of details about my phone which I gave to them. They then said that my phone was under the 'market code' of Nigeria, so I'd have to contact the Samsung people over there, which I didn't bother with.

janitor87

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have some similar question. I have Samsung SM G928G Some times ago I installed the Indian firmware and forgot which firmware was been on my phone. I need firmware with Russian and Ukrainian languages

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The 928G is meant for the Latin American region. There doesn't appear to be any variants covering Russian/Ukranian language for that device. You would need the 928F model. Unfortunately, you can't use the firmware for that device on your phone is that is likely to brick it, sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07