S7 battery/heat problems - mediaserver?

A

AC Question

I got a new s7 yesterday and today I'm having a big problem with the battery and it also seems to be overheating. It was fully charged 1 hour 20 minutes ago and is now down to 66%. All I have done is checked emails and looked at Facebook. When I look at the battery details the main drains are mediaserver and upday. I think I've managed to disable upday but don't know how to stop mediaserver. With the phone just next to me not being used it's losing 1% every couple of minutes and is hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ceryl marsh

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've had the s7 since March and now on my fourth one! Mediaserver has popped up after a week of use again! Phone is getting really hot, battery draining and mediaserver is on 65%.

On this new phone I installed all apps as new. Got a brand new SD card. Formatted it. Wiped cache. Still doing it. I have no idea how to stop it!!

Makinen79

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Had same problem as well. I returned it during verizon 14 day window. Was a black s7. They gave me the gold bezel one saying they didnt have a black. My orginal one overheated when plugged in using oem cord and plug. It also powered down completly (turned off) by itself 3 times. This gold s7 has had no such problems. Was so close to switching back to iphone but I do like several s7 features like more storage etc. Samsung really was poised to possibly overtake apple. The note blowing up and some s7 problems will keep apple on top in sales.

Gutdoctor

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem. Hot phone with rapidly discharging battery most of which seemed to be attributed to media server. 5 days ago I disabled and then uninstalled Chrome browser. I'm now using the stock Samsung Internet browser instead. Problem seems to have been totally cured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87